Saturday 28 January 2012

Batman #3 Review

To be honest, I've been a little confused as to why everyone's loved this Bat-series so much. I really haven't gotten into it. But, this issue is an improvement over last month's so maybe its not too late for me to be converted.

This issue sees the court of owls story continue - a story which I haven't been too impressed with to be honest.
It's all just been a bit too vague - I get that they're trying to create a mystery, but the un-inspired villain and general lack of knowing what's going on is starting to get to me. Thankfully, there was a fantastic end to this month's issue that did manage to get me hooked in for #4.


One thing I didn't like about the story is that I do find it a bit complicated. This issue - along with previous ones - I've had to re-read a lot of times to get an idea of what's going on. This could be considered as a good thing - getting your money's worth maybe - but I think a good story should never confuse you, and this one did a bit.
Although saying that, I always get my head round it in the end!

On the plus side, the writing's great. Where several comics seem to be a little heavy-handed with their script, Batman has one just as good as the Christopher Nolan films! Although, a way they could have solved the above issue is by explaining things a little better.

Another thing I like about this book is the art. Originally, I had my doubts - but the more I see it, the more I love it! It's dark, detailed and has a unique style - basically it goes great with Batman.

What I'm trying to say is, although I still have my doubts with this series - it's definitely improving. The writing remains Blockbuster-Standard, the art looks great and the story seems to be getting better and better. If things become a little easier to understand next issue - then there's a high chance I could fall in love with this series.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.